Thursday, October 1, 2009

Seattle trip

My mom was having surgery on her foot and I happened to have the time off work so i decided to go up and help out.... My neighboor was able to get my a buddy pass for a good deal but let me tell you flying with a 1.5 year old is not fun!!!
I was able to spend a couple days with mom and sister which was nice... Kambree was being shy and standoffish to my mom ( I feel so bad cause my mom LOVES her and brought her a treat for the ride back, calls her sweetie and her red curly haired princess) but Kambree warmed right up to my sister and would let her hold and kiss on her which i really needed a break sometimes since Kambree was really clingy and whinney at times :0(
The day of mom's surgery Kambree was being the biggest stinker... I was the only one there that day everyone else had to work and Kambree was being a 2 year old.
Mom didn't do well with the anesthesia so she had tons of nausea and had be given all the meds and a patch to stop it but it wasn't working so they decided to keep her overnight and i was very glad for that... who better to take care of her and be able to give her more anti nausea meds if needed during the night then the nurses... the next morning she was fine and able to go home.
I feel so bad for all the struggles in life my mom has gone thru... I even played the lottery in hopes of winning to help all my family out and to be able to live closer to each other ... my mom loves all her grandchildren... they know where all the treats and toys are at her place and she loves spoiling them... I wish I had them around here... Maybe someday.
It was hard and humbling taking care of her but it made me be so gratefull for my health, husband and children i can't live without, a home to live in , a part time job that i like, ect.

2 comments:

~The Gailey's~ said...

So true Kat, the little things in life remind us how good we really do have it sometimes. I hope your Mom gets better soon.

Sheryl said...

Amen to that! Glad the surgery went well. I have yet to tackle a plane ride with my little ones. Kinda hope I don't have to!! :)